Friday, June 18, 2010

Hobby Lobby Shopping Spree

Mom and I made plans to get together after work tonight to "play in our beads."  Well, on my way home this afternoon, I stopped at Hobby Lobby, just to pick up a few supplies.  I found some lovely items being clearanced, so I went hog-wild buying up over $40 of beads and clasps.   Upon returning home, I realized that I was supposed to attend a friend's graduation party.  I called mom intending to cancel our plans.  When she answered her cell phone, she said, "guess what I just picked up at Hobby Lobby!"  She took off work an hour early to pick up a few last minute supplies and bought $50 of beads!  Now, this is after I just spent $60 buying beads on Etsy.  Needless to say, I didn't have the heart to cancel on Mom.  Because it would have broken her heart, but also because I was dying to see what she found. 

Funny, we didn't duplicate a single item.  Each of us chose completely different items.

FYI - I did make a cameo at the graduation and dropped off hand-made gifts and a pair of cufflinks I'd bought on Etsy!

No comments: