Monday, February 18, 2019

Review: "Kate" Green-Teal Nail Polish Shade by Pin-up Paint

I found indie maker, Jenni Evans of Salida, Colorado on instagram and was drawn to her brand Pin-up Paint because of the vintage look of her packaging!  She is all about old Hollywood glamour and pin-up girls.  All her polish has a 10 FREE formula.

She sent me Kate, Sammy, and Bettie to swatch and review.  Here we will focus on Kate...

 

Kate is a beautiful shade of green.  She is very sheer.  I did not get full coverage in 3 thin coats.  In an attempt to get fuller coverage, I applied very thick coats, which caused me to smudge, ding, and fingerprint the finished nail.  On my second attempt, i determined to use thin coats and allow more dry time.  I was satisfied that Kate had dried completely, so I added a little nail art and top-coated.  Later that evening (many hours later), I noticed that all 4 nails on my left hand where squished.  Now, I am admittedly rough on my nails (no doubt), but whatever action responsible for marring the polish was, it wasn't violent enough to cause me to check my polish in the moment.

I contacted Jenni, and she was very appreciative for the feedback and eager to resolve the matter by reworking the formula.  I have every confidence the problem will be corrected--especially since the next two polishes she sent me (Sammy & Bettie) performed very well.

The sheer nature of "Kate" would be very useful in nail art.  I might use her for peek-a-boo designs, or leadlighting techniques.  She looked beautiful over black and I definitely will use her to dress up blue and green creme polishes.

All shades in the Starlight Trio are sheer: Kate, Farrah, & Jaclyn.

No comments: