Monday, December 31, 2018

Review: Frost Bite by Soothing Soul Nail Lacquer


I've got to wonder at the irony of my mailman delivering a package containing a nail polish called "Frost Bite," after dark, through the snow in 14 degree temperature!


But I could not grieve for him for too long in my cozy home with my greedy hands on nail polish!  I had hubby put baby to bed while I swatched this lovely blue beauty!

This was my first look at Soothing Soul Lacquer's new 15ml bottle and I was extremely pleased with the perfect brush.  I love the sexy look of the black lid on the boxy 12ml bottles, but have to admit this white one-piece lid was more practical.

The formula is perfectly smooth and somewhat translucent which gives it a beautiful depth in 2 coats!  The deep but bright color is very attractive and would suit most--if not ALL--skin types.  I believe it has both a shimmer and a highlight.  It dried fairly quickly, but there was time to push the polish around when swatching.

The photos here are 2 coats of dry polish without topcoat!  The finish is perfectly smooth and adequately shiny.  (I do not believe top coat should have to fix or hide short-comings of the polish itself!  Soothing Soul passes this criteria with flying colors consistently!  Sheen is a good indicator of durability--the glossier, the longer wearing.)


Some of the printing on the label was damaged by the time I started photographing.  This could have been due to the excessive oil on my hands, the extreme temperatures it endured during delivery and the quick way I warmed it to room temp.  Or it could have come that way and I did not notice until posting photos.

As with all Soothing Soul Nail Lacquer, Frost Bite is a 7 FREE formula.  Frost Bite is also available in a 7.5ml mini if you aren't ready to commit to a full-sized bottle or want to take it on the go!

And of course...the nail art possibilities are endless:

See more colors from the Winter 2018 Collection here!

No comments: