Saturday, March 14, 2020

2nd Encounter with doTERRA Essential Oils

It may be difficult to believe that I got roped into a 2nd doTerra meeting after the insanity experienced at the first one, but I am living my truth as they say.

In my defense, my disgust had cooled.  And I reasoned that since they were accustomed to straight-forward commerce, I might find within their group, a suitable marketplace for my handmade rice bags (popular accessory for massage therapies), since it had been suggested during the "Symphony of Cells" demonstration weeks earlier that the protocol could be followed up with a warm rice bag or heating pad.

I had also been added to the team's facebook group and had pre-sold a couple of rice bags, and the meeting would provide a somewhat neutral territory, it being hosted at the public library, for delivery of my handmade goods.

(Rice bags are life itself, now that I have one!  I'll write another post soon detailing that!)

This meeting to highlight cooking with essential oils, was sure to be more enlightening than the spine-straightening massage demonstration so many weeks before.  And I wouldn't dare try that at home without any guidance, since essential oils are powerful medicine!  (More on consuming EO in a future post.)

The presentation was friendly and brief.  And we taste-tested a half-dozen or so recipes including a balsamic vinegar bread dip, non-alcoholic lime/mint mojitos, peppermint brownies, and watermelon balls sprinkled with spiced sugar.  We were sent home with a jar of either the spiced sugar or a lemon-grass/ginger salt rub.  I was very surprised that the salt was iodized table-salt, the sugar was plain white, and the mojitos had a soda-pop base.  There wasn't much health food there.  My health-nut family eliminated these foods from our diets long ago.  

While mingling with our snacks, I struck up a conversation with someone about kombucha (a health drink).  She seemed interested and asked what company sold it.  I explained that it is a fermented beverage that you can brew at home cheaply.  Once it registered that it was not a money-making scheme that I was about to let her in on, she shook her head like I was crazy and very rudely scoffed away.  She was networking hard and I was just telling people how to save money.  Clearly, that is not socially acceptable at a doTerra meeting.

The evening was winding down and neither of my rice bag buyers were eager to conclude our rice bag transactions. So I just smiled profusely, handed off the goods for inspection, and cheerily demanded payment.  They both reluctantly, and sluggishly made their payments to me.  And one said, "If you keep coming to these meetings, we will eventually convert you."

My mind chanted mechanically, "one of us.  one of us."  And again, I made a hasty departure.  

The group hosts a yearly craft sale, free to vendors within their group, so I figured that it was in my best interests to keep things friendly.  Besides, a great many of my personal friends now sell and use doTerra and I don't want to lose friendships or create drama.  Arguments to avoid:  politics, religion, and essential oils.   

I received regular notification from the Facebook group, and have only participated with likes and hearts or a brief comment being careful not to antagonize.

Then I started using a certain brand of essential oils and posted a couple of reviews on my own timeline.  (I'll tell you about the brand soon.)  After getting my son off to school, I went into the local doTerra team's Facebook group to see what was being said about Palmarosa EO as part of some research I was doing for my mother's well-being.  When I noticed the Join Group option, I realized that I had been quietly put out of the group that very day.  At least it has come to a quiet, painless end for both parties.


No comments: